Special Collections and University Archives
Rare Book and Mansucript Collections
- The Henry A. Colgate Collection of Joseph Conrad. Manuscripts, typescripts, proof, letters, and inscribed first editions.
- The Richard S. Weiner Collection of George Bernard Shaw. Over 1500 Shaw letters, various manuscripts, books, photographs, art works relating to Shaw, and secondary materials.
- The Powys Family Collection.
- The Earl Daniels Collection of T.S. Eliot. Correspondence, every book or pamphlet published by Eliot during his lifetime.
- The Elmer Sheets Collection of James Joyce.
- The George Gissing Collection.
- 17th Century English Pamphlet Collection.
- Gerrit Smith Collection.
- World War Poster Collection. 161 American and French WWI posters; 368 American WWII posters.
- World War I and World War II Pamphlet Collection.
- Cuneiform Tablet Collection. 49 Sumerian tablets.
- Literary Letters Collection.
- The E. Scott-Snell Papers.
- Pierrepont Noyes Rhineland Collection. Official records of the Rhineland Commission, 1919-1920.
- Orrin E. Dunlap Collection of Radio and Television. Especially important for the Marconi letters.
- Thomas Ward Osborne Papers. Civil war and reconstruction.
- Peter Peyser Papers.
- Lawrence Papers. 19th century land speculation.
- Cutten Silver Reference Collection.
- W. Sterling Cole Papers. Founding of International Atomic Energy Commission.
- Maurice Hindus Papers.
- Stone Negative Collection.
- Cased Image Collection.
- Andrew J. Russell Civil War Photographs. [Link out to Colgate University Libraries Digital Collections]
- Burmese Missionary Album. [Link out to Colgate University Libraries Digital Collections]
Native American Studies Holdings in Special Collections
- Holdings list organized by Subject Heading, titles primarily from the Bureau of Ethnography series