Special Collections and University
University Archives Collections
The Colgate University Archives is the official repository for the non-current permanent records of enduring value for Colgate University. Its collections document the history of the university from the 1810s to the present and the activities of students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Finding aids to individual collections can be found on the department's Finding Aids page. All University Archives collection numbers begin with "A" followed by a four-digit number. Please be aware that not all University Archives collections have a finding aid online, so please contact a member of the department for further assistance with your research.
Several University Archives collections have restrictions in accordance with the Colgate University Archives policy on restricted records. Additional notice may be required to provide access to these materials.
General categories of university records:
- Administrative Offices and Functions: Board of Trustees, Office of the President, Dean of Faculty/Provost, Dean of the College, and other university offices
- Academic Departments and Programs
- Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups
- Facilities (Buildings and Grounds)
- Student Life and Organizations
- University and Student Publications
- Photographs and Memorabilia
- Student and faculty papers