Special Collections and Archives Major Collections
- The Henry A. Colgate Collection of Joseph Conrad. Manuscripts, typescripts, proof, letters, and inscribed first editions.
- The Richard S. Weiner Collection of George Bernard Shaw. Over 1500 Shaw letters, various manuscripts, books, photographs, art works relating to Shaw, and secondary materials. A complete finding-aid is currently being prepared within the department.
- The Powys Family Collection.
- The Earl Daniels Collection of T.S. Eliot. Correspondence, every book or pamphlet published by Eliot during his lifetime.
- The Elmer Sheets Collection of James Joyce.
- The George Gissing Collection.
- 17th Century English Pamphlet Collection.
- Gerrit Smith Collection.
- World War Poster Collection. 161 American and French WWI posters; 368 American WWII posters. Finding aids for both are available from the department and online.
- World War I and World War II Pamphlet Collection.
- Cuneiform Tablet Collection. 49 Sumerian tablets.
- Literary Letters Collection.
- The E. Scott-Schnell Papers. [restricted collection]
- Robinson Railroad Collection.
- Local newspapers on microfilm and in Special Collections
Native American Studies Holdings in Special Collections
- Holdings list organized by Subject Heading, titles primarily from the Bureau of Ethnography series
- Pierrepont Noyes Rhineland Collection. Official records of the Rhineland Commission, 1919-1920.
- Orrin E. Dunlap Collection of Radio and Television. Especially important for the Marconi letters.
- Thomas Ward Osborne Papers. Civil war and reconstruction.
- Baptist Education Society of the State of New York Papers.
- Albert Perry Brigham Papers.
- Colgate Family Papers.
- George W. Eaton Papers. Along with Eliza Eaton diaries.
- George S. Estabrooks Papers. Contains correspondence with Aldous Huxley and J. Edgar Hoover.
- Peter Peyser Papers.
- Lawrence Papers. 19th century land speculation.
- Cutten Silver Reference Collection.
- W. Sterling Cole Papers. Founding of International Atomic Energy Commission.
- Maurice Hindus Collection.
- Charles Evans Hughes letters.
- Foreign Policy Conference papers.
- Presidential papers.
- Dean of Faculty and Provost papers.
- Administrative, faculty, and committee papers.
- Treasurer's Office papers.
- Colgate publications.
- Graduation and reunion files.
- Colgate V-Class records.
- Alumni and faculty records.
Note: some administrative collections are closed to the public.
- Stone Negative Collection.
- Communications negatives. [on deposit]
Local History Collections
- Chenango Canal Collection.
- Edgarton-Bishop Family Papers.
- Victor B. Goodrich Collection. Vital statistics etc. for Madison County.
- Hamilton Families Collection.
- Hamilton History Collection.
- Hamilton Houses Collection.
- W.P. Locke Papers. Hop and cider production in Waterville.
- Muller Hill Collection.
- Daimon Richmond Papers.
- Smith Family Papers.
- York Family Papers.
- Galutia York Civil War Letters.