How to Set Up Web of Science Alerts
- First, create a personal account. Click on the "Sign In" link located at the very top of the page
- Then click on the "Register" link on the subsequent page.
Register, and then sign in.
- The procedures for creating Table of Contents, Subject, and Author alerts are the same.
Simply change the field that is searched
- After performing the search, click on the "Search History" link on the top of the search results page.
- Then click on the "Save History / Create Alert" button on the subsequent page.
- Fill in the blanks on the save search page.
Note the check box for creating an email alert. Do not check if you wish to create an RSS feed.
Click on the "Save" button when finished.
- The option to access your saved search via a RSS feed is presented on the subsequent saved-search confirmation page.
Click on the button and add the feed to your feed reader.