Colgate University Libraries
connect ˜ discover ˜ create
Library Liaison Program
Each academic department and program has been assigned a member of the Library Faculty. For unassigned departments or programs, please contact Mike Poulin, Head of Collection Management.
|Art & Art History||Jesi Buell||7304|
|East Asian Languages & literatures||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
|English, Theater, Creative Writing||Jesi Buell||6579|
|Music||Mary Jane Walsh||6194|
|Russian & Eurasian Studies||Debbie Krahmer||6544|
|African American Studies||Peter Rogers (interim)||6544|
|African Studies||Peter Rogers||6544|
|Asian Studies||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
|Environmental Studies||Peter Rogers||6544|
|Film & Media Studies||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
|Jewish Studies||Jesi Buell||7304|
|Latin Am/Caribbean Studies||Matthew Smith||7302|
|Medieval & Renaissance St.||Sarah Keen||7305|
|Middle Eastern Studies/ Islamic Civilization||Mike Poulin||7025|
|Native American||Matthew Smith||7302|
|Peace & Conflict Studies||Mike Poulin||7025|
|Physical Education||Mary Jane Walsh||6194|
|LGBTQ Studies||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
|Women's Studies||Jesi Buell||7304|
|Writing & Rhetoric||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
Peter Tagtmeyer is the library liasion for all departments in the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. His extension is 7402.
|Educational Studies||Debbie Krahmer||6592|
|Geography||Peter Tagtmeyer/ Peter Rogers||7402|
|Law & International relations||Mary Jane Walsh||6194|
|Political Sciences||Mary Jane Walsh||6194|
- Serve as your department's first point of contact for information about library collections, services, events, and policies.
- Partner with faculty to build a strong collection which supports your curriculum.
- Meet with faculty one-on-one to discuss your information needs.
- Manage, evaluate and promote collections in your field.
- Provide a customized tour of either Case or Cooley library.
The Library liaison may also provide reference consultations and information literacy instruction. Such activities include:
- Working collaboratively with teaching faculty to develop students' capabilities with finding, using and evaluating information in your discipline.
- Providing general research assitance to you and your students.
- Providing assistance in using specialized databases in your field.
- Creating researchguides for particular classes.
- Invite your liaison to departmental meetings.
- Share information about your program with your liaison.
- Tell us if you have library related needs, concerns, or suggestions.
- Suggest materials for purchase to support new and existing courses.
- Consult with your liaison when considering a brand new course. Are sufficient resources available to support the new course?
- Talk to your liaison about incorporating technology and information literacy in your classes
- Consider asking your liaison to meet briefly with faculty you are thinking of hiring.