Colgate University Libraries
connect ˜ discover ˜ create
Library Liaison Program
Each academic department and program has been assigned a member of the Library Faculty. Find your liaison here.
What can your liaison do for you?
- Serve as your department's first point of contact for information about library collections, services, events, and policies.
- Partner with faculty to build a strong collection which supports your curriculum.
- Meet with faculty one-on-one to discuss your information needs.
- Manage, evaluate and promote collections in your field.
- Provide a customized tour of either Case or Cooley library.
The Library liaison may also provide reference consultations and information literacy instruction. Such activities include:
- Working collaboratively with teaching faculty to develop students' capabilities with finding, using and evaluating information in your discipline.
- Providing general research assitance to you and your students.
- Providing assistance in using specialized databases in your field.
- Creating researchguides for particular classes.
How can faculty assist the LIbrary?
- Invite your liaison to departmental meetings.
- Share information about your program with your liaison.
- Tell us if you have library related needs, concerns, or suggestions.
- Suggest materials for purchase to support new and existing courses.
- Consult with your liaison when considering a brand new course. Are sufficient resources available to support the new course?
- Talk to your liaison about incorporating technology and information literacy in your classes
- Consider asking your liaison to meet briefly with faculty you are thinking of hiring.