- Head of Collection Maintenance:
- Mike Poulin
- (315) 228-7025
- Supervisor & billing contact
- Tami Watson
- (315) 228-7307
- Media Acquisitions
- Rhonda Pancoe
- (315) 228-7858
- Serials Department
- Christine Dunleavy
- (315) 228-6219
13 Oak Dr.
Hamilton, NY 13346 USA
- Fax number: (315) 228-6227
The Colgate University Libraries provide resources and services to support and strengthen Colgate's educational programs and to facilitate the creation and dissemination of knowledge. A goal in support of this mission is the selection, organization, and preservation of collections and the provision of both physical and intellectual access to resources appropriate to the curriculum of the University, the current research interests of the faculty, and the needs of the Colgate community. Materials will be acquired as promptly and as cost effectively as possible for both the Case and Cooley Libraries.
Selection of material, which is coordinated by the Head of Collection Development, is determined by collection development policy with priority being given to material that supports the Colgate University curriculum.
All members of the Colgate community are encouraged to suggest additions to the collection.
Policies & Procedures
- Collection Development
- Library Bill of Rights
- Office for Intellectual Freedom
- Gifts of materials
Some acquisitions facts FY2012
- Books(print/e) acquired 11,249
- Average price of a US periodical $671 /foreign published $1,359
- Average price increase for a periodical : 6.5%
- Percentage of the materials budget consumed by serial expenditures: 72%
- Total number of paid subscriptions: 2,565 (FY2012). 73% with online access.