COLGATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
The Colgate University Libraries advance the university’s educational programs by providing information resources and services that support the curriculum, faculty research, and the creation and dissemination of knowledge. The libraries foster the development of students who are independent, self-directed learners able to make critical, informed, and sophisticated use of information in their courses, independent inquiry, and life after graduation.
Strategic Directions for 2014-2019
• Provide access to strong and sustainable collections through our holdings and consortial relationships in order to support the curriculum and research at the University.
• Enhance and promote programs in instruction, research support, and outreach that are integrated into the University's educational efforts.
• Advocate for a new scholarly communication model at Colgate in areas such as copyright, open access, multiple literacies and academic honesty.
• Collect, organize, preserve, and communicate the history of the University, particularly in regards to the 2019 Bicentennial celebration.
• Strengthen the Libraries' internal structures, processes, and infrastructure to succeed in an environment of continuous change.
Discussed and confirmed in Library Faculty Retreat May 28, 2014 jas