Developing Your Position
- Read three articles with divergent points of view - teams of three students will read the same three articles (pre-selected by professor). Note that the articles have divergent points-of-view around the same topic. As you read, consider the evidence offered by the different scholars. Consider your own position on the topic.
- Discuss your developing viewpoints - meet with the two other students on the team and discuss your points-of-view on this topic. Be cognizant of where your viewpoints diverge and where they come together. Note how this discussion may have changed or further informed your position.
- Reflect on your experience - write a two to three page response paper (double spaced) describing:
- your position on the topic;
- how your position diverges or is similar to the students in your group; and
- what informed your point-of-view along the way.